• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forclosure for not paying dues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fliguy

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Florida

I am a board member of a townhouse HOA. We have an owner that has refused, for months, to pay the monthly maint. fee. We have taken leins on his place, but what is involved in forclosure? Do we have to pay off the lender first, or what?

HomeGuru

Fliguy said:

I am a board member of a townhouse HOA. We have an owner that has refused, for months, to pay the monthly maint. fee. We have taken leins on his place, but what is involved in forclosure? Do we have to pay off the lender first, or what?
**A; what the heck are you people waitng for? The HOA needs to file an attorney to verify the liens and foreclose on the property.

S

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
...The HOA needs to file an attorney to verify the liens and foreclose on the property....
HG, have you ever tried to file an attorney? A lot times they resist and it really messes up a filing cabinet.

HomeGuru

seniorjudge said:
HG, have you ever tried to file an attorney? A lot times they resist and it really messes up a filing cabinet.

**A: a filing cabinet is not the proper venue. To file an attorney, one needs a casket and a headstone marked RIP.

S

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
**A: a filing cabinet is not the proper venue. To file an attorney, one needs a casket and a headstone marked RIP.
I represented a mortician's group once but the file is buried somewhere. I think it had something to with the day after Christmas...Boxing Day.

Fliguy

Who's barking? This is my first reply. :) With all due respect, all I was asking for was, in laymans terms, just what is involved to forclose on a property that we have a lien on that also has a mortgage? Anyone that knows, please answer. (no "barking" please)

HomeGuru

Fliguy said:
Who's barking? This is my first reply. :) With all due respect, all I was asking for was, in laymans terms, just what is involved to forclose on a property that we have a lien on that also has a mortgage? Anyone that knows, please answer. (no "barking" please)

**A: did you read my first response?

nanaII

Hg...

please re-read your first response. I was confused.

Poster, you weren't the one being barked at, HomeGuru was..

nanaII

Poster...

Do your Bylaws and Rules & Regs say you can foreclose on a property for non-payment of maintenance fees? This is the first time I've heard of this.

S

seniorjudge

Fliguy said:

The general rule is that your lien will wipe out all those who are junior to your lien.

If you foreclose and there is a mortgage on the property that was put on there before your lien, you will get the land with the lien still on it.

Check with a real estate lawyer. Foreclosures are not do it yourself projects.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">