• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law stating the minimum vacation you take?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aWonderer

California.

As of the new year, my employer alerted me that I would no longer be able to take half day's of vacation due to a California Law. Is this in fact a law?

Thanks!

Beth3

CA State reg's aren't my thing but even given some of the quirkier reg's they have that I'm familiar with, that strikes me as absurd. I can't imagine that your employer hasn't badly misunderstood something.

I'll see if I can find out more specifics of what your employer may be referring to but you can always call CA's DOL yourself and ask a few questions.

BelizeBreeze

Beth3 said:
While I did find a section in CA's Labor Code that addresses the employment of sheepherders (2695.1-2695.2) :) , I couldn't find anything to support your employer's statement or even some new wage and hour reg that might have led to their confusion. You're free to root around and see what you can find however: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/calawquery?codesection=lab&codebody=&hits=20
This post should have come from Oklahoma, where men are men and sheep are nervous :D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
aWonderer, I THINK I know what your employer is referring to, but I need to know one thing first. Are you exempt or non-exempt? It makes a difference to the answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">