• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is It Legal???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jccs

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon
My husband was heading for hunting camp the middle of September 2004. There was another truck in front of him. There was a state trooper about 45 yards up the road when my husband turned on to another road. The trooper turned on his lights and came after my husband (the trooper was about 45 yards in front of him). When my husband stopped the trooper went straight to the truck and started searching it (without asking permission). The trooper found a pipe in the truck that belongs to a friend with a medical card. The trooper wrote my husband a ticket for less than an ounce. When he went to court he had two people with him, the owner of the pipe and the owner of the truck in front of him. The reason the trooper gave for pulling him over was his BACK BRAKE light was out and expired tags. The trooper was in front of him. How could he see the back brake light and tags :confused: . The judge did not even listen to either witness and gave my husband the fine. The trooper also left him in the woods, 19 miles from any town and refused to make a phone call or let someone know where my husband was. Because of the expired tags, by 3 days, he was unable to drive the truck. Is this legal? I have talked to two lawyers and they can not tell me if leaving my husband in the woods is legal and they say he got screwed by the judge.

stephenk

when you hubby drove past the trooper to go up the side road, that is when the trooper spotted the broken brake light and expired tag.

It's amazing how many people drive around with expired license tags on their vehicles and with drugs in the vehicle. Then they wonder why they get pulled over.

ENASNI

jeesh

Son of Slam said:
Sounds like the judge should be brought up an a sodomy charge.

YOU MEN!!! :mad:

How do you know that the Judge was not a WOMAN!

reminds me of the joke.. A kid gets in an accident and his father brings him to the hospital, the surgeon looks at him and says I can't operate... he's my son.

How Can That Be??? :confused:

Missed ya SOS... Where have ya been??? :D

jccs

Is It Legal?

There is no way the officer could have seen the tags or brake light. He was in front with another truck between them. He was a good 40 yards in front. The other truck thought the officer was going to stop him. My husband offered to take a u.a. to proove he does not do drugs and the judge denied it. My husband had two witnesses and the judge (a man) did not listen to either of them. I can not seem to get an answer from any of our local officers if it is legal for a police officer to leave a person, in the woods, 19 miles from any town, and refuse to make a phone call or contact someone to let them know where he is. Does any one know the answer???? Thank you for your time.

wera

my opinon

hi
i was browzing and saw your post,
i would think that every one that has to stand in front of a judge also has the right to prove his innocent,is'nt thats why they say(innocent until proven guilty) if you say the judge did not allow for the test to be taken or liten to the witness than he really knows nothing about the case or if he does his probloly cover up. dont you think but they know its hard to prove that one in some cases, and i also dont think that its right for an officer to leave some one laying there with out notify any one i thought officer wher here to help
and people can trust.no i dont think that was right at all, who are the people that certify this people.do they not care that officers are giving them a bad name.(if they even care) in that case anyone can become an officer.
im sorry that you are going threw this.i would suggest maybe you go and hire a lawyer for malpractice aside to the current situation and probloly not mention to many names or atreas because if the law is in deed covering up for there unprofetinal performance what makes you belive they wont be a step ahead of you if they read what your stating and become a problem for them and ready to cover up.i dont know much but i do know in the united states we have right but then again this is only my opinion i could be wrong in alot of people eyes. good luck!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">