• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Raffling a house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shelley

I need to know if it is legal in the state of Iowa to raffle a house. Where would I go for information regarding the guidelines to follow if it is legal?
Thanks
Shelley

barbarajean426

Raffling my house

In Georgia is it legal to raffle off you house and how should I get started? Should I use a Real Estate Lawyer? How should I get started?

FarmerJ

shelly you might find what you are looking for by contacting your state atty generals office and asking them if they have specific rules in your state for raffling off private property Other wise seek advice from a atty who has knowledge of gambling laws in your state. Or consider just hiring someone like a auctioneer or having a realtor list it.

HappyHusband

shelly you might find what you are looking for by contacting your state atty generals office and asking them if they have specific rules in your state for raffling off private property Other wise seek advice from a atty who has knowledge of gambling laws in your state. Or consider just hiring someone like a auctioneer or having a realtor list it.
Wow, Shelley posted that 7 years ago, hopefully she has moved on.

But the advice is still good for barbarajean!

LindaP777

I love it when a newbie "searches" for the answer to their question before posting. I don't know the answer, but a gold star goes to barbarajean426 for trying to find the answer herself!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">