• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job is causing emotional, physical......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

faith123

Hawaii is the state I live in, The Big Island of Hilo. I work with disabled, autistic clients. I have an employer that gives us no sick leave, vacation time, breaks, etc. I know all about the at-will employee, but aren't there legal laws for at least breaks? The big issue is job stress. I have been with my client for almost three yrs. and the client's mom is very demanding, etc....
My boss caters to this family. They have two daughters with this company. So with several past employess with this case, they have also brought up issues, to no avail. What is my legal case against the family, or my employee who is contracted through the Dept. of Education? I am looking at emotional, and physical compensaton.
Thanks,
faith123

HomeGuru

faith123 said:
Hawaii is the state I live in, The Big Island of Hilo. I work with disabled, autistic clients. I have an employer that gives us no sick leave, vacation time, breaks, etc. I know all about the at-will employee, but aren't there legal laws for at least breaks?

**A: what did you find out when you contacted the state department of labor?
The big issue is job stress. I have been with my client for almost three yrs. and the client's mom is very demanding, etc....
My boss caters to this family. They have two daughters with this company. So with several past employess with this case, they have also brought up issues, to no avail. What is my legal case against the family, or my employee who is contracted through the Dept. of Education?

**A: your employee?
I am looking at emotional, and physical compensaton.
Thanks,
faith123
**A: since we do not know the details of your situation, we are unable to comment further.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No Federal law and no law in any state requires an employer to provide sick leave, vacation time, or personal time. Federal law does not require an employer to offer any breaks during the work day. There are requirements an employer has to follow if they choose to offer breaks, but if they choose not to that's legal. In the state of Hawaii, only government employees are entitled to breaks under the law.

Nothing you have described in your post entitles you to any legal recourse.

S

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
**A: since we do not know the details of your situation, we are unable to comment further.
Well, I had the exact same situation as poster and I cured it: I furthered my education and I got a better job and now I am the boss!!!

Glad to help faith123!

Go get 'em.... :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">