• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP water damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MLancaster130

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

Back in May we were minding our own business and a washer hose from our upstairs neighbor came loose. I went upstairs to get the water turned off. She was not home. Her father let me in and I turned off the water. I had her cell phone number and called her. She was down the hall visiting and came home. Together we cleaned up the mess on her floors. She came down with me and helped dry things off as much as we could. SHe kept saying "this won't cost you a penny. this is all my fault. I just had a neighbor look at those hoses" Well, we ended up with almost $10,000 worth of damage while she has only $1500. Our homeowners insurance says it was her fault. Her insurance company tells her she is not at fault and they won't pay either. Meanwhile, our condo assoc pays all but the deductable for their policy which is $5000. Again, our insurance and her insurance won't pay. She won't pay either since her insurance company told her she is not liable.

What next? help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MLancaster130 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

Back in May we were minding our own business and a washer hose from our upstairs neighbor came loose. I went upstairs to get the water turned off. She was not home. Her father let me in and I turned off the water. I had her cell phone number and called her. She was down the hall visiting and came home. Together we cleaned up the mess on her floors. She came down with me and helped dry things off as much as we could. SHe kept saying "this won't cost you a penny. this is all my fault. I just had a neighbor look at those hoses" Well, we ended up with almost $10,000 worth of damage while she has only $1500. Our homeowners insurance says it was her fault. Her insurance company tells her she is not at fault and they won't pay either. Meanwhile, our condo assoc pays all but the deductable for their policy which is $5000. Again, our insurance and her insurance won't pay. She won't pay either since her insurance company told her she is not liable.

What next? help

My response:

Questions like "what's next?" or "what do I do", etc., are not legal questions. Did you really need someone to tell you to consult with a local attorney?

IAAL

nanaII

Damages to your condo

Since it was her washer that caused the damage to your condo, she is responsible. I would file a claim against your homeowner's insurance, and let them go after her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">