• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmullins

I bought a house contingent of an inspection report that passed the furnace. Now 2 months later a hvac company is telling me it shouldn't have passed and needs to be replaced. The HVAC company that the realitor hired said they were not contracted to inspect the furnace, only the flew. The realitor says they contracted the HVAC company to inpect the furnace. Who is responsible for providing a false disclaimer?

S

SF Lawyer

GREAT QUESTION. This is a classic law school exam. I'd suggest that you tell all of them and the real estate agent to decide this among themselves as you intend to sue all of them and let the court decide, and you will also complain to the better busines bureau. I suggest that any firm that says all we inspected is the flue is incompetent on its face. It is hard to believe they didn't realize they should inspect the whole works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">