• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gentleman's Agreement at closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shartong

At closing the seller agreed to take care of some wiring that wasn't up to code. Now he only wants to pay one half. Do I have any recourse?

ALawyer

Was it in writing? Any witnesses? Is he concerned about the money and/or is his reputation such that he is not a "gentleman"? Small claims court may work. There are some practical issues as in some states once the deed is transferred that's it, while in others oral agreements are enforceable.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

S

shartong

His attorney and my attorney were present and it was agreed that it would not be necessay to escrowe the costs as I trusted him. This took place in Florida. Do I need some kind of Sworn Statement from the two attorneys?

ALawyer

Call the lawyer and remind them and tell them to remind their client -- if that doesn't work, small claims court against the lawyer and client.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">