• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CdwJava Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missboop

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? :) CA
Hi! I see that you have alot of good advice to give. I was wondering if you could please help me? Considering the fact that I may not be able to appeal or fight my "handicap ticket," is there any way I might possibly get some more time to pay this $440? I have called the office and a lady told me that if I don't pay it on time it will be doubled. Do you advise any way to delay the inevitable?

MISSBOOP

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

missboop said:
Hi! I see that you have alot of good advice to give. I was wondering if you could please help me? Considering the fact that I may not be able to appeal or fight my "handicap ticket," is there any way I might possibly get some more time to pay this $440? I have called the office and a lady told me that if I don't pay it on time it will be doubled. Do you advise any way to delay the inevitable?

MISSBOOP

TOP 10 Ways to Delay-The-Inevitable-A-Week-Or-So - -

NUMBER 10: "Your Honor, could we go best 2-Out-Of-3?"

NUMBER 9: Could your Honor instruct juror #4 to stop giggling?

NUMBER 8: Me no comprendo the ingles, your Honor.

NUMBER 7: That doesn't feel like your gavel, your Honor!

NUMBER 6: You imagine your hands around the throat of that cop!

NUMBER 5: That handicapped person imagines his hands around your throat!

NUMBER 4: For 50% discount off the fine, have to "do it" with the judge.

NUMBER 3: Your Honor, it wasn't me -- it was a guy named IAAL!

NUMBER 2: After listening to your 14th excuse why you shouldn't have gotten a ticket, the judge looks at his court staff and says, "Who wants a No-Doz?"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Ways to Delay-The-Inevitable-A-Week-Or-So - -

Filibuster!

CdwJava

missboop said:

MISSBOOP
To my knowledge there is no way to delay the inevitable. In some cases you will be required to post the fine prior to contesting the citation - and if you prevail, you would get the fine amoutn returned to you.

Also keep in mind that failing to pay will result in the fine being tacked on to your registration fees next time around.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">