• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John

I was visiting at my friends apartment when the apt. manager knocked on his door. My friend was in the bathroom so I went to the door myself. The manager handed me an envelope and asked me to give it to my friend. It turned out to be an eviction notice. Is this legal notification that will hold up in court? Shouldn't they have to give the notice directly to him? He's having trouble finding a new place and would like to ignore it for another month. What do you think his best option is? This is in San Jose, CA. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by John (edited December 31, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by John (edited December 31, 1999).]

ALawyer

Usually delivery to an adult at the place of residence is sufficient service. Call the landlord tenant court and ask.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">