• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kantdoo

I was evicted for back rent. Landlord gave me a 24 hr. notice to move. The move required 2 loads. The landlord said we could come back in 3 day's to get the rest. During that time he threw about 1/5 of the stuff in the trash and the rest he locked up in the house. He has unpacked all our boxes and has everything set up in the garage like he's going to have a yard sale. this includes tax records family pictures ourclothes jewelry tv's furniture about $7,000 worth of stuff. He hasn't got a judjment yet for the monies I owe, Just the eviction notice. Do I have any recourse?

A

Alice278@

This happened to a friend of mine. She came in and took the stuff. And then sued the guy for taking it. He settled fast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">