• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kfbsluggo5

We have a house in north carolina now. And we have a house in pennsylvania that we have been trying to get rid of for almost 2 years. We cannot afford 2 mortgages. We cannot seem to sell it, and though we rented it for a year, we had to pay to clean it up good. We cannot seem to get it rented. It is really messing us up. If we just stop making payments, we can be done to us. We do not want to lose our house in north carolina. What should we do?

ALawyer

If you stop making payments the bank will foreclose. I do not know the laws of your state on possible deficiency judgments or if they can only take the equity in the house.

It will mess up your credit -- and possibly a deed in lieu of foreclosure may work. Ask a local lawyer to try to help you out of this before it gets worse, as interest rates are only rising.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">