• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unattended cats and kids.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

natalie

We live in a manufactured home community, we own the home but rent the lot. The problem is our community has several cats that roam unattended through out and have started using underneath our home as a litter box. In our rental agreement under rules and regulations it states that all pets must be on a leash or attended when outside of the manufactured home or the rear fenced yard. It also states that Tenant's may only have two domestic pets each weighing less than 20.lbs. We are having a very difficul time getting these rules enforced. Atleast one of our neighbors own 5 cats. My husband crawled underneath our home last weekend to check the weatherizing on our pipes and he said it smelled of cat urine and he came across many piles of feces. Problem 2, the neighborhood kids are very destructive of other people's property and they use the vacant houses has a play ground, repeatedly throwing balls againist the walls, on occasion they have even entered these crawl spaces and both my husband and I have witnessed several of these boys urinating on the street. When we approached the manager about the situation involving the kids she said it was not her place to get involved that was something we would have to workout with the neighbors. There are specific guidelines once again stated in the rental agreement as to what kind of behavior is acceptable within the community. Is there anything we can do?

E

Ed

Have you considered screening in the space under the house? That keeps cats, dogs and others out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">