• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girl At School Gives Her Medication To My Daughter Causing Od.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammybrandi

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NEW YORK
Can I sue the school? High school student not taking meds from the nurse but instead pocketing them. Gave them to other students. Mine had to be taken to the ER. for drug overdose. Did file charges against student. With local pd....

rmet4nzkx

tammybrandi said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NEW YORK
Can I sue the school? High school student not taking meds from the nurse but instead pocketing them. Gave them to other students. Mine had to be taken to the ER. for drug overdose. Did file charges against student. With local pd....
What was the drug?

tammybrandi

The Drugs Were Adderall And Zoloft

She has no street smarts. only book. She gave 8 zoloft and 2 adderall...and took all of them

S

seniorjudge

tammybrandi said:
She has no street smarts. only book. She gave 8 zoloft and 2 adderall...and took all of them
Your daughter could be in serious trouble for doing dope in school.

You need to hire a good criminal defense attorney for her.

rmet4nzkx

tammybrandi said:
You can't blame the nurse or the school, this was an intentional act of the two girls which took several days to accomplish.

tammybrandi

wrong place and wrong time

Thank You for being candid and upfront. My daughter does not know about how long this young lady had been not taking her meds. They weren't even friends. She just happened to be in the crowd and asked if they wanted them and that it would make her happy. I assure you she is a first time offender.
And this is the last. She is in serious trouble ...I agree. She must accept responsibility and consequences. I asked the officer about that. The fact that she did intentionally take these. On school grounds/time. He stated ...she was the victim.?

S

seniorjudge

"...I assure you she is a first time offender...."

Maybe so, but I notice that you did not say, "first time user."

Your daughter has a serious drug problem.

She's not a victim, she's a perpetrator.

Help her.

Don't rescue or enable her, help her.

ENASNI

Make her Happy?

Listen!!!

If your daughter is going to take something to "make her happy".

Talk to your daughter! Jeesh, don't be looking who to throw stones at.
Look at why she wants to "be Happy"
Look at if she is depressed, if she isn't why she thinks status quo isn't enough. That should shout out at you that she needs "something more" and this is not the first time that your baby girl has been looking for "something more".

Wake up and smell the trouble brewing.

GET IT??

tammybrandi

Truth is I dont know if your right or wrong

I know she has tried pot ...she told me then it would never happen again.
Here we are. Only it could have cost her...her life.
I will get couselling for her first thing tomorrow morning. My concern is the medications being given could cost the life of a naive teenager or worse an innocent child..if not more closely monitored. I am angry that my child did this. And I am angry that it was made available to her.

ENASNI

ok ok

Look Tammy

Good... Counselling... yesterday... day after Pot incident...

Good you are upset, if you didn't care, you would be a lousy Mom.
But blinders must be off, and I don't care, I am raising a teenager too, I have to say if my daughter was chug- a- lugging cough medicine for some kind of high I would have to be handcuffed to her at all times I could.

You sound distraught, and This is a rough forum, you go to counselling too,
you can get beat up here, but truths need to be heard and heeded.

Be careful and really watch her.
With BINOCULARS!!
I am sure the other child was reported (right?) and other children who are indeed naive.. who think they are aspirin... who aren't taking something to get "happy" are safer. right? but your daughter taking 10 pills... honey...

THINKABOUTIT...
but then you said you are... so I will stop preaching.

tammybrandi

Waking Up...and Fast

Sometimes it takes the brutal truth of others to wake one up...this time its me. She is 15 years old and has me fooled? I am distraught. She is so beautiful and smart. ...engineering program...
Dont understand the stupidity of this..I guess.
You know I once wore a uniform.and carried cuffs. I still have them.
Guess I better quit living in stay at home mommy land/with blinders
and put the uniform back on.

S

seniorjudge

"...Dont mind rough forum. Dont mind brutal. Dont mind honest. Prefer it..."

And you have a UNIFORM too!?

tammybrandi

Yep

Haven't worn it in years. In a box ..in the basement. Guess thats where I left my keen since of judgement. Better go unpack it...huh
Maybe thats whats so infuriating. I should know better. But dont with my one and only beauty. My baby girl. Have taught her morals and value's....honesty
above all...which she does. Poor self esteem. No friends. Wants acceptance at any price. I am in total dispair

ENASNI

ok

Ok I am gonna get flak here but for some reason I see your keyboard getting ruined with tears , and gonna say (back off a little Sir judge)

Just stick with the tuff-stuff, don't back off YOU Mom.

Yeah you slipped,
My daughter was way naive. I got a newsletter from middle- school (she was 13-14) about drug traffiking (sp) and had to have the "Sit on the couch, aw mom, Do it!" talk with her.

I asked if she knew about marijuana being sold around school.. she said no.. but she thinks there might be something about "weed". ( had to hide a smile, I liked the fact that she didn't know all the nicknames, but chagrined that she could have been hanging around with someone selling weeds?) NO I am not naive.. .she is ashamed now at 16 that she didn't know the difference. (teenagers OY) Like that is a skill to learn.

Yeah, well to educate or not. to let them know what is out there or to keep them innocent. I didn't know what someone looked like high on cocaine was till I reached 30.

Sorry about such a wake-up call. But now you can do something about it. The visit to the ER might have done something for your babygirl.
Maybe let her become a candystriper to see what happens to OD's. I know that seems scary too, but let me know sheltering is not always as good as it sounds.

Good luck Tammy or Brandi
Stay Tough

(find her talent talk to her... self-esteem comes from feeling good about what you have and what you can do.)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">