• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sale of CO-OP and Board Approval

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lousmom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I am new to this and don't know if my first message went through. If it is a repeat I'm sorry. :eek:
I need help. My mother passed away this October 04. She lived in a very lovely 55+ co-op in Suffolk County. I am trying to sell this privately as it was decorated beautifully, only one of 88 units avail.- prime 1st floor location.
I had a buyer within one month. She was approved by the Management company, but rejected by the "Board" this past Friday. I have since emptied the Unit, and now have to go back to SQUARE ONE! Selling an empty shell of a unit does not look great. It could have been the"Model Unit"
The lady was told no reason is required to be given. I am dumbfounded. She was in her late 50's financially sound. -NO reason given!
I am in a dilemma as to whether I will be strung along again for another three months--only to be rejected by the "BOARD" again.
I need to be pointed in some direction.
Thank you for any help you can give me-
Mrs. D :confused:

HomeGuru

Lousmom said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I am new to this and don't know if my first message went through. If it is a repeat I'm sorry. :eek:
I need help. My mother passed away this October 04. She lived in a very lovely 55+ co-op in Suffolk County. I am trying to sell this privately as it was decorated beautifully, only one of 88 units avail.- prime 1st floor location.
I had a buyer within one month. She was approved by the Management company, but rejected by the "Board" this past Friday. I have since emptied the Unit, and now have to go back to SQUARE ONE! Selling an empty shell of a unit does not look great. It could have been the"Model Unit"
The lady was told no reason is required to be given. I am dumbfounded. She was in her late 50's financially sound. -NO reason given!
I am in a dilemma as to whether I will be strung along again for another three months--only to be rejected by the "BOARD" again.
I need to be pointed in some direction.
Thank you for any help you can give me-
Mrs. D :confused:
**A: hire a real estate attorney.

nanaII

Buyer turned down

Have you talked to any of the Board members to ask the reason why this buyer was denied? You have the right to know. If you cannot contact one of them right away, if there is an upcoming Board meeting, you might go and bring this issue up. I am sure that many of the other owners would be interested in knowing this. It would also provide advice to them should they ever decide to sell. It might raise enough of a stink that the rules regarding Board approval may get changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">