• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is evading the police a felony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SRT40

What is the name of your state?UT
I was racing the other night and an officer pulled out and he turned on his red and blue lights. He stopped in the middle of traffic and I thought he was pulling another car over so I turned off and I took off. I made a left turn and when I got to the next light I noticed the officer coming after me so I just kept going for about 2 blocks and turned to the right and the officer wasn't chasing me anymore? Is it a felony charge and what sentences am I facing? :confused:

CdwJava

SRT40 said:
What is the name of your state?UT
I was racing the other night and an officer pulled out and he turned on his red and blue lights. He stopped in the middle of traffic and I thought he was pulling another car over so I turned off and I took off. I made a left turn and when I got to the next light I noticed the officer coming after me so I just kept going for about 2 blocks and turned to the right and the officer wasn't chasing me anymore? Is it a felony charge and what sentences am I facing? :confused:
It may depend on the state, but usually you can count on initially being charged as a felony. In some states it's a felony off-hand, in CA it is a felony depending on the circumstances. I'm not sure of the law in UT for it, however.

You might consider consulting an attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">