• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

47 USC Section 3(a)(39) - IntraLATA PICing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starrsoft

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I need to know where I can find a comprehensive listing of USC so that I can look up 47 USC Section 3(a)(39). Also any resources that would expound upon that section would be helpful. I am the Manager of a small telecom company who wishes to send a "bona fide" request to provide IntraLATA long distance service for a small rural Incumbent LEC (Local Exchange Carrier) in Oklahoma. The PUC (Public Utilites Commission; called the Oklahoma Corporation Commission) has informed me that this portion of the USC requires the ILEC to open their switches to non-RBOC (Regional Bell Operating Carriers) IntraLATA PICing. There is an Administrative Judge (not sure if that's the right term) who presides over the request (once we send the letter to the ILEC). Any precedents on waiving our presence at the hearing would also be appreciated.

starrsoft

I was there before I posted here. I can use Google. Once I get there, I'm not sure how to get to the portion I mentioned above. Could you send me the URL of the specific part that I am asking for?

S

seniorjudge

You would be well advised to send your attorney to the OCC to look over prior cases. This is a very common request and a lot of them are processed every year.

These cases may be on the website for OCC.

Another thing you need to do is to check with the OCC on their administrative regulations on pleadings, etc. That is really where you will find all your answers, not in the federal laws.

Have your lawyer call Staff for OCC; they will be very helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">