• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i press charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilliemag

What is the name of your state?va my son was involved in a drug bust resently.My son was charged with distrubution,he delivered drugs to an undercover agent,the pusher he did this for was tried before my son, he has a prior record (jail,prison)he recieved 40yrs.all suspended but 1yr in jail.Several people were arrested the same time, the day of my sons trail several of these people mentioned this drug pushers name...the judge made the comment that he wished his trail was after all the trails that day...my question is this...is there anything i personally can do legally to bring justice to this man...he has messed alot of lives up.My son has never been in trouble before,and will recieve in my mind a stiffer sentence than this older drug pusher.

lilliemag said:
is there anything i personally can do legally to bring justice to this man...he has messed alot of lives up.My son has never been in trouble before,and will recieve in my mind a stiffer sentence than this older drug pusher.
Why not begin by focusing on the actions of your son rather than trying to use someone else as a scapegoat. Regardless of the fact that our system often gives lesser sentences to those more culpable because they cooperate in exchange for leniency, the fact is your son got involved in something that he knew was illegal.

You should use a little tough love and tell him that he is responsible for his own actions. The sentence others receive really isn't the issue. Your son learning from this and growing as a person is the issue. You only make that less likely by focusing on placing blame elsewhere. Teach your son to take responsibility for his actions. That is what a real man does.

CdwJava

First, it is up to the DA to "press charges".

Second, you couldn't do a whole heck of a lot since you are not a witness to any of his crimes. Hearing about what he did and actually proving them are entirely different things.

I agree with the advice about dealing with your son's transgressions first.

- Carl

lilliemag

thanks for the responses... when someone you love gets in trouble it feels like a death...you go through different emotions. I have seen my son mature and take this like a man,but it still makes me want everyone treated fairly...my advice to every mother stick by your child and fight for what is right... maybe someday these drug pushers will get what they deserve, lord help them if they don't change their ways...

HomeGuru

Son of Slam said:
God damn the pusherman. - John Kay (Steppenwolf)

**A: I also liked Magic Carpet Ride and Born To Be Wild.
Heavy bass and that Hammond B-3 organ with the Leslie speakers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">