• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reschedule Court Appearance - ATL GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ogunther

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I received a citation for "Following too close" this past weekend when I got in a motorcycle accident and hit rear-ended a car. I was give a citation and told that since another vehicle was involved I had to go to court for the ticket. I do not want to contest the ticket (it's pretty cut and dry) however I do need to reschedule it since I am supposed to be out of town the week of my court appearance and I cannot afford the cost of rescheduling the trip. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this? According to the ticket they will not reschedule court dates over the phone and the only excuse acceptable is illness (and you still have to have legal representative appear in court on your date to get it rescheduled). Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Edit: I should add that I've attempted to contact the Office of the Clerk of the Court however the automated system either just rings (30+ times) and no one answers or it tells me my choice is not valid (even though it just told me to press one for ...).

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

ogunther said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I received a citation for "Following too close" this past weekend when I got in a motorcycle accident and hit rear-ended a car. I was give a citation and told that since another vehicle was involved I had to go to court for the ticket. I do not want to contest the ticket (it's pretty cut and dry) however I do need to reschedule it since I am supposed to be out of town the week of my court appearance and I cannot afford the cost of rescheduling the trip. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this? According to the ticket they will not reschedule court dates over the phone and the only excuse acceptable is illness (and you still have to have legal representative appear in court on your date to get it rescheduled). Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Edit: I should add that I've attempted to contact the Office of the Clerk of the Court however the automated system either just rings (30+ times) and no one answers or it tells me my choice is not valid (even though it just told me to press one for ...).

I don't see any way out of it except to go to court.

If, however, you hired a lawyer, maybe he could get it rescheduled.

The courts are so clogged they just do not want to hear from you.

ogunther

seniorjudge said:
I don't see any way out of it except to go to court.

If, however, you hired a lawyer, maybe he could get it rescheduled.

The courts are so clogged they just do not want to hear from you.
Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know what I could expect to pay a competent attorney to represent me for this type of situation?

lwpat

Try going on over to tbe court in person. It is quite likely that they will be so happy to see your money that they will allow you to part with it right then and there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">