• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warnings?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zeez

What is the name of your state? OR

Last night I was pulled over for doing 60 in a 45. I admitted I was speeding, but the highway was completely empty and it would have been safe to go 100mph. I asked the cop to explain to me how going 60 at the time would be unsafe, and he couldn't come up with a reason. He just gave me a warning, and said "this will be your only warning".

Now, what I'm wondering, is do they record warnings in their computer or anything like that? For example, if I get pulled over by a different cop tomarrow, would he have any way of knowing that I've already had one warning?

Not that I plan on getting pulled over anymore. :D Just wondering...

Probably and I think I've read here the officer has up to a year to change his mind. If so, your next ticket might result in this one resurfacing.

I'd count my blessings and drive like my grandma for a while ;)

RobertQc

A cop canno't change his mind after the incident.

I don't think the warnings they put in the computer, becuase when I had my G2, back last year, i got 6 speeding ticket warnings, once doing 116 in a 60KM zone.

They do keep track of complaints recived by citizins. Such as a plate call in to say someone was driving recklass. (But it canno't be used against you)

sashir

Hey RobertQc

I would liek to know how you managed to get off with just a warning when doing 116 in a 60 zone....

pablobono

The recording of warnings would vary from agency to agency.... I know of some that do record warnings, and some that do not.

Consider the following communication:

Officer to Control: I'll be out at 5th and Main with a white Ford station wagon, 123LMV, Ohio.
Control to Officer: 10-4.

***30 seconds later***
Control to Officer: Registration comes back to a John Doe of Columbus. 28 (driver license) is clear, no restrictions.
Officer to Control: 10-4.

***2 minutes later***
Officer to Control: 10-9 (Warning issued)

Control then enters a note in the log.... You'd better assume that log can be recalled by another officer at will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">