• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a job in civilian world

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prymalmynd

What is the name of your state? I live in Connecticut

I was recently discharged from the air force on a BCD for possession of a few different Rx pills and using methamphetamines.

I cannot seem to get a straight answer on how this actually and definitely affects my job future.
I'm currently back in school (college) with a 3.87 GPA and im on 2 honor societies.
I'm trying to apply to real estate agencies, banks, etc, and im not sure how to explain or approach this subject with these companies who require background checks for reason such as "bonding" a bank teller.
I understand that a BCD as the result of a SCM is considered a misdemeanor, but how will it show up on a background check and how should I state my case to the employer?
Any help would be appreciated.
Emails can be directed to me personally at [email protected] or just posted on here.

-thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">