• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apeal Suspended License - Controled Substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TammiO

What is the name of your state? PENNSYLVANIA
How do I appeal a suspended license due to controlled substance. I thought there was a law that states if you will lose your job due to suspension that they can not take it. I am a single mother of 3 and there is no public transportation (especially that caters to toddlers/ car seats) ...

I received notice from PennDot but no statute was listed. I filed an civil appeal based on the facts:

1. I was not notified of my right to appeal (this was a jury trial and the charges that were 'hung' were dropped by the DA).
2. There was no evidence AND the state's witness stated I was not present during the 'drug deal'.
3. That my boyfriend took the stand and incriminated himself while confessing all the drugs were in fact his.
4. Most important - the judge made an error in reading the jury instructions for accomplice and conspiricy when I was NOT CHARGED with either.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

TammiO said:
How do I appeal a suspended license due to controlled substance. I thought there was a law that states if you will lose your job due to suspension that they can not take it.

**A: they certainly can take it. There is no such law that requires the government to not suspend a driver's license if the guilty party loses employment as a result of the license suspension. That's why you see former truck driver's catching the bus to their new jobs at WalMart.

I am a single mother of 3 and there is no public transportation (especially that caters to toddlers/ car seats) ...

**A: then you should have thought of that before getting involved in drugs.

S

seniorjudge

TammiO said:
How do I appeal a suspended license due to controlled substance. I thought there was a law that states if you will lose your job due to suspension that they can not take it. I am a single mother of 3 and there is no public transportation (especially that caters to toddlers/ car seats) ...
What papers did you get stating that your license was being suspended?

What statute numbers are mentioned?

BeStPRoGiE

HomeGuru said:
**A: then you should have thought of that before getting involved in drugs.
Oh please allready with your "im better than you" attitude.
Just post if you know the answer to something. Dont sit there telling someone who knows they made a mistake "then you should have thought of that before getting involved in drugs". I bet if i did some diggin on u that id find something that would embarrass you too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heather2

BeStPRoGiE said:
Oh please allready with your "im better than you" attitude.
Just post if you know the answer to something. Dont sit there telling someone who knows they made a mistake "then you should have thought of that before getting involved in drugs". I bet if i did some diggin on u that id find something that would embarrass you too. :
I agree. Do you think these people are really lawyers?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

seniorjudge

hmccandless said:
...Do you think these people are really lawyers?...
Some of us are; I asked you some rational questions in your thread.

Did you answer those yet?

I did not make a quacker head post to you, so please answer.

Bravo8

You know, as long as I have been a member of this site, I never saw any type of claim that you would receive compassion for being stupid.

If you choose to post your stupidity on the internet, then you should be prepared to accept the ridicule of others. Perhaps it's the fact that most criminals refuse to accept personal responsibility for their actions that results in the criminals being upset.

You SHOULD be ridiculed. You did something incredibly stupid. Further, you commit an incredibly selfish act that affects your children, and then want sympathy because you have to get to work.

Don't tell me you were unaware of the consequences of your actions when you committed them.

See, THAT annoys me.

TammiO

seniorjudge said:
What papers did you get stating that your license was being suspended?

What statute numbers are mentioned?
I received notice from PennDot but no statute was listed. I filed an civil appeal based on the fact that:
1. I was not notified of my right to appeal (this was a jury trial and the charges that were 'hung' were dropped by the DA).
2. There was no evidence AND the state's witness stated I was not present during the 'drug deal'.
3. That my boyfriend took the stand and incriminated himself while confessing all the drugs were in fact his.
4. Most important - the judge made an error in reading the jury instruction for accomplice when I was NOT CHARGED with it.

TammiO

Judge and jury when no facts presented huh?

Bravo8 said:
You know, as long as I have been a member of this site, I never saw any type of claim that you would receive compassion for being stupid.

If you choose to post your stupidity on the internet, then you should be prepared to accept the ridicule of others. Perhaps it's the fact that most criminals refuse to accept personal responsibility for their actions that results in the criminals being upset.

You SHOULD be ridiculed. You did something incredibly stupid. Further, you commit an incredibly selfish act that affects your children, and then want sympathy because you have to get to work.

Don't tell me you were unaware of the consequences of your actions when you committed them.

See, THAT annoys me.
EXCUSE ME but you really shouldn't make snap judgements based on such little information. Just because someone is charged with several crimes does not mean they commited them! Did you ever hear the phase "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"?

The Occultist

Yes, and it's a BS expression that often allows those who are guilty to worm their way through and get themselves a verdict of innocent.

S

seniorjudge

The Occultist said:
Yes, and it's a BS expression that often allows those who are guilty to worm their way through and get themselves a verdict of innocent.
No court in the history of these United States has ever entered a verdict of innocent.

ENASNI

Um

Q.Did you ever hear the phase "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"?

No but I have heard of the larva phase , the enteral phase... phases of the moon... a passing phase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">