• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Ins Cancelled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kruser

My State FLA. After over 20 years my ins co will not renew my insurance, under this critera: can't be closer than 1 1/2 miles of water( Gulf ), house cannot be built before the year 2000, the house cannot be worth more than $200,000. My independent ins agent said they were negotiating with them now. Is there a law that they have to give money up to another Co to help differ any increase in my policy with another Co?. I'm assumming i'll loose any discount's, like multi policys, longevity without a claim, plus my 4 cars are with them. Is there laws that help protect me?. Can they just take my money and Run?.

HomeGuru

Kruser said:
My State FLA. After over 20 years my ins co will not renew my insurance, under this critera: can't be closer than 1 1/2 miles of water( Gulf ), house cannot be built before the year 2000, the house cannot be worth more than $200,000. My independent ins agent said they were negotiating with them now. Is there a law that they have to give money up to another Co to help differ any increase in my policy with another Co?. I'm assumming i'll loose any discount's, like multi policys, longevity without a claim, plus my 4 cars are with them. Is there laws that help protect me?. Can they just take my money and Run?.
**A: there is no such law requring renewal or renewal at the same terms and conditions. Haven't you heard of the non renewals due to toxic mold and hurricane issues?

Kruser

Yes, it is Hurricane driven. I've been thru a hell of a lot of hurricanes in this house in 35 yrs not one claim. What is insurance?. Just like car insurance they have to pay out then cancel . Guess thats the only way to pay for all those 100 story buildings, and 100 thousand people that work for them, and CEO's bonuses all those years. they payout .10 cents on the dollar and steal the .90 cents. Thats having a license to steal. You don't get what you pay for.
They increase your premiuns every year, and do nothing!.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">