• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Second Speed Ticket in 3 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandmpoteat

What is the name of your state? Virginia Got the tickets in North Carolina.
I got a ticket in November 2004, my friend at work, works as the assistant Clerk of Court in Surry County Court House. I gave her $150.00 and she gave it to a DA. which he got the ticket dropped to Improper Equipment. The ticket was 70mph in a 55mph zone. Which this was bogus. A long story!!!! My Chevy 2000 tracker has been failing all emisions control and carb, for a long time. I've had contant work on this for 3 months now. Then I received a ticket on Jan 1st, 2005, with my family and a friend, at 10:50pm, going to eat, just about 5 miles from my home in Virginia, after crossing the line into N.C. We were traveling about 45 miles per hour, as we were about to top a hill with a traffic light. At that time I was trying to get my new boot unzipped, that I got for Xmas, cuz it was cutting into my leg as I didn't wear the right socks with them. As I gave the jeep some gas cuz my fiddling with my boot and the vehicle bogging down, I got to the light at the top of the hill, then my husband let out a yell, Oh GOD!!! Which scared me to death, cuz there was no traffic an I thought what on earth is wrong. My husband then said "There's a cop, whom was going the opposite direction towards Virginia, Which he was a Hwy Patrolman. We were about a mile from the patrol station, on our side of the road. Then I looked at my husband and told him, soooooo, I was only doing 60 mph, my gosh, this thing is a piece of crap, the way it does. I need to get this boot off it's cutting my leg. My husband whom is a Truck Driver, told me to just keep driving, and then he looked to tell all of us that the cop turned around, then he followed me about a mile, and then he hit the blue lights. I had to turn left, over 2 lanes to a side road of residential housing. He (The Cop) came to my window asked for my license and registration, and said, " You seemed to have been speeding a little bit back there" that was it, I said NOTHING. He came back with a ticket, and wrote the DA's telephone # on the top of the ticket and told me to call it and it would be dropped to improper equipment. He said, have agood night and left. We all just sat there in amazement, and then my husband read the ticket which read 69mph in a 55mph zone. Which he then flipped out, to say" This is a crock of S___! Everyone was somber as to how this happened, to the fact we were all hungry, wore out from the holidays, and cold. We just wanted to go to our new restaurant, in town, as our New Year's dinner plans at home had failed. I never signed a thing, as I wasn't even asked too. We drove to the highway, as my husband then did so I could get my boot off. And then we watched the Highway officer drive into the Patrol station, and park his vehicle. This is my second ticket, due to circumstances, my malfuntioning vehicle, and bored cops. I'm a 50 yr. old law abiding citizen, with a spotless record, an one ticket in 34 years of driving. Help Me!!! I have to go to court on Wed. Feb. 2nd, 2005. Marilyn

mandmpoteat

Reply to Robbie: 2nd speed ticket in 3 months

No.......The Officer did not have on a hat. Why? Are you asking this question, and further more (for real), what difference would it make, if he wore his hat or chose not too, wear it? This question sounds odd to me.
Thanks for replying, I really need some concrete help, before next Wed. Feb. 2nd, at 9:00am. as this is when I must drive 25 miles into a court house, to go before a judge, if I don't just choose to pay the fine in advance, which would be me admitting guilty, and having points an insurance increases on my license an insurance, for the next 3 years. Marilyn in Virginia

Well.....

I feel for ya, but if you did something right in front of an officer (hit the gas), they have no choice but to cite you. Sounds like the ticket will get downgraded.

Road saftey is THE hot thing right now. Don't do anything but drive unless there's a bee in your car. If you get ticked for that, you should be in good shape to fight it in court.

mandmpoteat

2nd Speed Ticket in 3 months Reply

Alchohol_Free said:
I feel for ya, but if you did something right in front of an officer (hit the gas), they have no choice but to cite you. Sounds like the ticket will get downgraded.

Road saftey is THE hot thing right now. Don't do anything but drive unless there's a bee in your car. If you get ticked for that, you should be in good shape to fight it in court.
Thanks so much for your reply. I do not drink alcohol. We were going to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. Contents in vehicle were friends and family only, with no communication with officer Jones at all. Marilyn [email protected] I'm just scared, to go into court, as I do get intimidated by officials, and then I get tonge tied, when trying to speak. I have a spotless record, yet I have been on a witness stand in the past, haven't spent much time in a court room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">