• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in indy but live in NJ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doink

What is the name of your state? Live in NJ but school in Indiana

I was curious if points will transfer to NJ from Indiana. I was caught speeding in Indiana and have been trying to collect as much info as possible with minimal luck. A friend of mine lives in New York and his points for running a redlight were not transferred however i am not sure what is going on with my points. Thanks for the help.

JReedNet

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/cit_violations/d_vp_pnf.html

You should get two points provided the system works as it should. Interstate Compacts share information about violations. Indiana is not state that doesn't share information.

In Michigan or Wisconsin NJ drivers can break any traffic laws, pay applicable fines for where the offense was committed, but received no penalties at home in NJ.

39:5D-4 Moving violation out of state 2 points

doink

one more ?..

since i will be getting these two points would there be any point for me to get an attorney here to fight the ticket? meaning would if i were to lessen the speed and amount of points would it do me any good. also if i do get those 2 points can i take an online course or a course out here in indiana to get rid of those 2 points? thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">