• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if a fine isn't pais before it's supposed to be?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AJsMOM

What is the name of your state? Georgia

A friend of mine got a speeding ticket a few months back. He was supposed to come up with the money for a $350 fine. Unfortunately he was not able to pay it on time. He has been trying to get in touch with the courthouse, but hasn't been able to. Can someone please tell me what will happen ASAP????

S

seniorjudge

There is probably a warrant for your arrest.

Get the money together (at least $500) and surrender.

Tell them you really do not want to go to jail and you can pay the fine and court costs.

Your driver's license is probably suspended too.

Take care of this immediately.

racer72

He has been trying to get in touch with the courthouse, but hasn't been able to.
This has to be one of the lamest excuse in the history of the legal system. Did someone move the courthouse so he couldn't find it? Do they have an unlisted phone number? Was he abducted by aliens and held against his will? I know, he was having a vision problem, he couldn't see paying the fine till it's too late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">