• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket - state is blank on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chipower

What is the name of your state? CA

Just moved to Oakland, CA and got a parking ticket. However, my tags are still IL. The ticket has the correct license number and last four digits of the VIN, but the state is blank. Is it likely that they will assume CA, when the ticket is processed? Should I ignore the ticket?

CdwJava

chipower said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Just moved to Oakland, CA and got a parking ticket. However, my tags are still IL. The ticket has the correct license number and last four digits of the VIN, but the state is blank. Is it likely that they will assume CA, when the ticket is processed? Should I ignore the ticket?
Ignore it at your own risk ... as they may just tack it on to the title transfer fees or go after you in collections (and collections will add about $250 more).

And since CA plates do not conform to the same structure as IL plates, chances are they will figure it out before the cite is processed ... whether they will figure out that it is an Illinois plae or not is a coin toss.

But, ignore at your own risk.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">