• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me with RECKLESS DRIVING!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbay38

What is the name of your state? CA

Anyone who knows better please help me with it.

Couple days ago I finished school and rushed to work on highway around 1pm. I got pulled over by police and they charged me for reckless driving that's over 100 mph. I was very sure I didn't go that high. They kept on asking if I did drug, which i didn't, and they intensively searched my car for anything but found nothing to be worried. After 5 hours in jail , I was released.

This is my first time got into shxt like this. I am 22 years old, only got couple minor speeding tickets before.

What should I do with this case? I guess I need a lawyer. But I am really sure I didn't go up to 100 mph. What can I plea when I am in court and whats the best I can do?

Anyone knows how much approx the lawyer would cost me?

Thanks.

S

seniorjudge

You didn't say what your record was.

Anyway, when you go to court ask if there is a diversion program to help you keep this off your record.

Don't expect much; this is an extremely serious offense and the prosecutor may be unwilling to work with you.

The BEST advice I can give you is to get a lawyer.

CdwJava

So ... what exactly were you charged with? Reckless driving? Speed in excess of 100 MPH? Both?

What code sections are you facing charges on?

If CVC 23103, then it is a misdemeanor and you should probably get an attorney because there is a potential of jail time (though only a slim possibility of that happening).

- Carl

Drugs

The police are going to search you for drugs because one of the most common reactions to things like meth or other drugs is insane driving.

If the police charged you with 100 mp.h, you were close engough to that to call it good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">