• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motor vehical check while at home officer waited till I left/invasion of privacy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dejania

Indiana is the state that I'm in. I went to my car to start it up, it is very cold here. I saw the officer ( he saw me too) driving up leaving out of my apartment complex. I went back in the house, the officer had ran a motor vehical check, went and pulled back in the houses across the street from me, waited for me to leave, I was not even 50 feet from my door and he pulled me over. My driver license where suspendid. Yes, I know driving is a privlage and they have certain to rights to do random checks. But what about our right to privacy of person and possessions. He had no probable cause, I was not already driving on city streets. He seen that I was black and then decided to do a check. Do your homework on Porter County an their pullovers and the race that they are pulling over. I need advice on how I should handle this ticket, should I fight it? I

CdwJava

You can fight it, but unless you can prove that the only reason you were stopped was due to your race, you can forget about it.

What he probably did was run the plates on the car (which, I presume, is registered to you) and then do a check on your license which came back suspended/revoked ... thus, he felt he had cause to pull you over. And if he saw you, then that gave him even stronger cause to match the description on your license with you, the driver.

You should consider consulting an attorney if you want to make a fight out of it.

- Carl

CdwJava

Alchohol_Free said:
I wonder if that officer found any other supsended license drivers in the Krispy Kreme parking lot?
Yecch ... KK donuts are too rich and too gooey ... I prefer croissants, anyway.

- Carl

I agree

Acutally, Dunkin Donuts are much better. My kids like donuts. I'm not big fan. Croissants or bagles are much better.

I'm considering investing in a couple of businesses. Want to open an espresso and hot dog cart at the DMV. Talk about a captive audience. Everyone there's waiting in a 3 hour line looking like they're at the dentist waiting to get 3 teeth filled. Surely, they'll want to eat something.

Also, though about a donut, crossant, bagel, truck that provides drive up service to law enforcement. But, that went out the door with my DUI's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">