• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invalid Citation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FBodyGuy

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have done a few searches and found some info on this topic but not specific to my case.

I recently got a speeding ticket for doing 80 in a 55 on the highway. The state trooper issued me a citation for the speeding but mis-spelled my last name. Is this ticket still valid? Do I have a good chance to get the ticket dismissed?

I plan on having an attorney to represent me on my court date.

Thanks for any input.

Joe

Highly Unlikely

Anyone can make an honest mistake, including a state Trooper. I really doubt you'll get the ticket dismissed over that.

However, the attorney you're going to pay is going to be real happy about the easy money.

FBodyGuy

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your input Alcohol Free. Anyopne else have any expeience or legal knowledge on this subject that can shed some light? :confused:

Joe

racer72

The error does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citation. It will no be dismissed based on this very minor error.

FBodyGuy

Thanks for your reply.

Racer,

Thanks for your time to reply. I guess it's not the answer I wanted to hear, but I will have to face the music. Being this is my 3rd speeding ticket in 6 months.. I'm screwed...

lwpat

My Grandfather used to say that there was no experience in the second kick of a mule. I guess that applies to the third time also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">