• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Free2me

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Hi, I recently saw a bicycle on e-bay that I wanted to purchase. I asked the seller if there was anything wrong with the bike and what needed to be replaced. The seller sent me a reply saying that the bike was in good condition and nothing needed replacing. I did not bid on the bike as I needed to leave town. Upon returning I noticed that no one had purchased the bike. I wrote to the seller to see if he was still interested in selling the bike. we agreed on a price, I sent the money through paypal, upon recipt of the money he had the bike sent to me (from California). When the bike arrived I decided to have it tuned up at a shop. The shop when tuning it up found the rear Rim to be crack and that if would need to be replaced ($100). Upon a closer look the shop also determined that the Carbon Fiber Frame was cracked. I notified the seller who asked that I take the Trek bike to a certified Trek dealer to verify this and also that I send Digital pics. I sent both the pics and a copy of the Diagnosis from the Trek dealer. The seller then said that if I sent the bike back he would refund me both the shipping to and from as well as the money paid for the bike. I shipped the bike first thing on monday morning. I saw the bike was recieved the following Saturday and wrote on monday to ensure my check was in the mail. I recieved a note back saying it would be in the mail "sometime this week." It has been a few days since and I have sent another e-mail asking for my money, I have heard nothing from the seller. I have kept copies of all of the e-mails and am curious, if the seller does not send my money do I have reasonable grounds for legal action. Thanks for your input

djohnson

Not worth the money it would cost to sue him in his state. Your lucky if he sends the money back. He was under no obligation to even offer you that option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">