• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racist Product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum2121

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MD

(I don't know if I'm posting this in the right area.) I ran across a very offensive product in a grocery store. Basically, it was a beverage with a cartoon picture of a very dark-skinned black girl with big, bright pink lips eating watermelon on the front of it. Everyone, (different races) I showed this too thought it was appalling as well. My question is 1.) How do I go about suing the company for this blatantly :confused: racist lablel?
2.) What type of lawyer would handle something like this? I don't know what category it would fall under.

You Are Guilty

Platinum2121 said:

(I don't know if I'm posting this in the right area.) I ran across a very offensive product in a grocery store. Basically, it was a beverage with a cartoon picture of a very dark-skinned black girl with big, bright pink lips eating watermelon on the front of it. Everyone, (different races) I showed this too thought it was appalling as well. My question is 1.) How do I go about suing the company for this blatantly :confused: racist lablel?
2.) What type of lawyer would handle something like this? I don't know what category it would fall under.
I suggest you start by reading #1

BelizeBreeze

Platinum2121 said:

While you're at it why not sue those companies who empoy cute little white girls playing with barbie dolls, or mexican boys kicking a soccer ball around or hell, let's not stop there, what about all of the blond hair german boys who advertise gas ovens....

Last edited by a moderator:

Platinum2121

BelizeBreeze said:
While you're at it why not sue those companies who empoy cute little white girls playing with barbie dolls, or mexican boys kicking a soccer ball around or hell, let's not stop there, what about all of the blond hair german boys who advertise gas ovens....

Do you really have to be so ignorant with your responses? In case you didn't know, there's a thing called Tact, use it.....

BelizeBreeze

Platinum2121 said:
Do you really have to be so ignorant with your responses? In case you didn't know, there's a thing called Tact, use it.....
Answer the questions or are you just a 'situational' bigot?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Platinum2121 said:

My response:

You better not be eating pancakes! Aunt Jemima with her big ol' Negro lips might want to kiss you!

You're undoubtedly the same type of idiot that got Sambo's Restaurants shut down.

Who cares about what a label, or what some advertisement depicts? Oh, you do. Get a life, will ya?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Platinum2121 said:

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post just became a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! The 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Yes, believe it or not, you could be our Grand Prize winner! We are giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

Platinum2121

You two see you're the only two idiots replying to this right? I have a life and it doesn't revolve around being on a computer and seeing who I can reply to on the forum. :) You two probably get excited when you see a new post, it gives you something to do. Reply and prove my point. My complaint is being handled so your comments to my original question mean nothing......

BelizeBreeze

Platinum2121 said:
You two see you're the only two idiots replying to this right? I have a life and it doesn't revolve around being on a computer and seeing who I can reply to on the forum. :) You two probably get excited when you see a new post, it gives you something to do. Reply and prove my point. My complaint is being handled so your comments to my original question mean nothing......
Well then, a racist and a liar. Want to go for strike three?

oneofmany

What?

Exactly how is Platinum2121 a racist? And I'm sick of hearing that free speech, words don't hurt crap. Racist words and images dehumanize the targets and make it ok to see them as inferior. It's easier to hurt people if you see them as less than human. I don't think if someone hurled racial slurs at you, you would just brush it off. You two are members of that moronic group of people that think that racism is over. Try seeing things from somebody elses's perspective before you make a mockery of them feeling violated.

BelizeBreeze

oneofmany said:
Exactly how is Platinum2121 a racist? And I'm sick of hearing that free speech, words don't hurt crap. Racist words and images dehumanize the targets and make it ok to see them as inferior. It's easier to hurt people if you see them as less than human. I don't think if someone hurled racial slurs at you, you would just brush it off. You two are members of that moronic group of people that think that racism is over. Try seeing things from somebody elses's perspective before you make a mockery of them feeling violated.
Guess what
You think you're not a racist also? Look up the definition of the word before you start pulling out the soapbox.

:D

oneofmany

[n] a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others
[adj] discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion
[adj] based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks"\

Take your pick. Which one am I, genius? How about supporting your statements rather than just making bad jokes. And calling people Bubba is pretty lame.

ediecap

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You better not be eating pancakes! Aunt Jemima with her big ol' Negro lips might want to kiss you!

You're undoubtedly the same type of idiot that got Sambo's Restaurants shut down.

Who cares about what a label, or what some advertisement depicts? Oh, you do. Get a life, will ya?

IAAL
Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben have new updated images. I think that is interesting that even though people know that something offends, they throw up the first amendment. You think that that brand wouldn't sell if they changed the packaging? Marketing and advertisers try new packaging all the time. Then again maybe they know their target audience, those "I'm not rascist, I am an American" consumers.

You Are Guilty

ediecap said:
Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben have new updated images. I think that is interesting that even though people know that something offends, they throw up the first amendment. You think that that brand wouldn't sell if they changed the packaging? Marketing and advertisers try new packaging all the time. Then again maybe they know their target audience, those "I'm not rascist, I am an American" consumers.
What the hell are you talking about?

S

seniorjudge

Q: How do I go about suing the company for this blatantly :confused: racist lablel?
A: You can't. You have no dog in this fight (no standing) and you have suffered no damages.

Q: What type of lawyer would handle something like this?
A: None that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">