• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Louise Roberts

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have been told that one is liable for the sidewalks in front of his home and the steps if he does not attempt to remove snow or ice if a person injuries themselves. What is the answer?

Lynx 36

Quote: "I have been told that one is liable for the sidewalks in front of his home and the steps if he does not attempt to remove snow or ice if a person injuries themselves. What is the answer?'

I absolutely hate people like you. No, a person is not liable f/ sidewalks in frt of their house if they don't shovel them. Your the dumbass who fell. Why are you trying to put the blame on someone else b/c of what mother nature does?
If they looked too dangerous to walk on them why didn't you walk around them then?

I have sidewalks in front of my house and don't shovel them b/c I could be sued if I shovel them and them someone falls. Will this madness ever end? YOU WALKED ON ICE, YOU SLIPPED AND FELL. YOU WEREN'T PUSHED OR THROWN DOWN, YOU FELL ON YOUR OWN ACCORD. NOW DEAL W/ IT YOURSELF!! GRRRRRRRRR :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">