• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo association enforcement of rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sljb22657

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Condo association has rules about cleaning up after pets.

New condo Chairman violates rules often with Exec. secretary stating there are no provisions for enforcement in bylaws. Management company sends letters to violaters, and gets authority from Exec. committee.....but no enforcements.

Town statutes list this as Class IV misdemeanor, but must be witnessed as dog defecates per police.

Chairman is abusive to me, makes snow barriers so I cannot walk on sidewalk(common areas), calls me names and accuses me & my dog of violations(not true).

After cleaning up walkway twice after he built snow blockage, he called me the "dumbest excuse for a white woman".

I live alone, memos on bulletin board posted call me a "bitch" (anonymous). Police have NO Tresspass order, but when he violated it by speaking to me the Magistrate told me "I should have let him hit me...then they could do something"!!

HELP!! I can't find a lawyer to assist me.......I want to sue for harassment and make the condo assoc. liable for the conduct of its chairman and make them enforce the rules.

What do I do??

HomeGuru

sljb22657 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

Condo association has rules about cleaning up after pets.

New condo Chairman violates rules often with Exec. secretary stating there are no provisions for enforcement in bylaws. Management company sends letters to violaters, and gets authority from Exec. committee.....but no enforcements.

Town statutes list this as Class IV misdemeanor, but must be witnessed as dog defecates per police.

Chairman is abusive to me, makes snow barriers so I cannot walk on sidewalk(common areas), calls me names and accuses me & my dog of violations(not true).

After cleaning up walkway twice after he built snow blockage, he called me the "dumbest excuse for a white woman".

I live alone, memos on bulletin board posted call me a "bitch" (anonymous). Police have NO Tresspass order, but when he violated it by speaking to me the Magistrate told me "I should have let him hit me...then they could do something"!!

HELP!! I can't find a lawyer to assist me.......I want to sue for harassment and make the condo assoc. liable for the conduct of its chairman and make them enforce the rules.

What do I do??
**A; why can't you find an attorney to help you? Find a mean sob white female attorney on PMS and offer her loads of cash.

nanaII

Unbelievable!

I have to say... I am (almost) speechless! I have never heard of a chairman of a homeowner's association talking in such a vile manner to another owner. I would definitely hire a lawyer to sue the Chairman and the whole board! Following HG's advice on finding one. This is absolutely, completely unacceptable behavior. I would be yelling and screaming at the top of my lungs at the next board meeting about how you are being treated. As far as the anonymous posts to the bulletin board, the next time I found one I would slap it on the desk of the complex manager and tell them that you are demanding they monitor these boards, or they will be on the list of those you are suing. I don't know all of the types of cases that are handled by you state's Civil Rights commission, but I would consider getting hold of them, also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">