• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Absolutely ridiculous ticket? fighting tomorrow!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobertQc

What is the name of your state? Oakville, Ontario (Canada)

Traffic violation

----- FAILURE TO DRIVE WITHING A MARKED LANE -----

I just wanted to start off by thanking anyone willing to read my post and aid me with my issue.

This is the scenario, on September 6th (The end of the last long weekend) I was coming back south from my nice holiday weekend before a new semester of school, the roads were very congested, my front tire blew and I was having trouble maintain the car, I was in the fast lane (left lane) and as carefully as I could moved over I went off to the shoulder, I was unable to control the car properly and stay on the right shoulder and went off the road and hit a tree. About 10 minutes later a cop shows up, takes my statement and gives me a ticket for “Failure to drive within a marked lane”

I was commended for my driving skills managing to not hit anyone on the highway.

This is my case

1) A ticket is punishment for doing something wrong, what did I do wrong, next time should I stop in the middle of the road? Put on my flashers?

2) Even if I did do something wrong, the cop only showed up 10 minutes after I went off the road.

I am going tomorrow to Barrie to fight this. Do I have a case?

Thanks,

Robert Chiussi

p.s. Just who is interested, I was driving a Grand Prix GT 2002, damage was $14,200

RobertQc

Addition

Sorry I forgot to mention, the on the ticket it does not say an amount in which to pay, the ticket is incomplete.

How Can i pay for somthing in which no fine has been specified?

Thanks again,

Robert Chiussi

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Canadians Can't Read!

RobertQc said:
What is the name of your state? Oakville, Ontario (Canada)

Traffic violation

----- FAILURE TO DRIVE WITHING A MARKED LANE -----

I just wanted to start off by thanking anyone willing to read my post and aid me with my issue.

This is the scenario, on September 6th (The end of the last long weekend) I was coming back south from my nice holiday weekend before a new semester of school, the roads were very congested, my front tire blew and I was having trouble maintain the car, I was in the fast lane (left lane) and as carefully as I could moved over I went off to the shoulder, I was unable to control the car properly and stay on the right shoulder and went off the road and hit a tree. About 10 minutes later a cop shows up, takes my statement and gives me a ticket for “Failure to drive within a marked lane”

I was commended for my driving skills managing to not hit anyone on the highway.

This is my case

1) A ticket is punishment for doing something wrong, what did I do wrong, next time should I stop in the middle of the road? Put on my flashers?

2) Even if I did do something wrong, the cop only showed up 10 minutes after I went off the road.

I am going tomorrow to Barrie to fight this. Do I have a case?

Thanks,

Robert Chiussi

p.s. Just who is interested, I was driving a Grand Prix GT 2002, damage was $14,200

My response:

"Please choose a Forum below to read or post a question - US Law Only - YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE"

By the way, when you go in to fight the ticket, say hello to, and give my regards to, "Barrie".

IAAL

RobertQc

Canadians can read but...

Do you have a problem with helping someone who is Canadian?

I am looking for some advice; the state I am from should pose no such bearing on this thread.

I do not believe that the law would change for the definition of “Driving in a marked lane” from place to place.

Would you be willing to be a decent human being, and give me a little bit of help?

I am asking for your help.

If I have come to wrong place I am sorry.

Thanks,

Robert Chiussi

RobertQc

My Bad

Wow, after doing a search on the page to see where it said "Please choose a Forum below to read or post a question - US Law Only - ......."

I couldn't see it under the HUGE advertisement directed at taking my attention away from everything else.

I see that I will receive no assistance here.

Thanks anyways,

Your a QUALITY human being,

Robert Chiussi

Shay-Pari'e

RobertQc said:
Do you have a problem with helping someone who is Canadian?

I am looking for some advice; the state I am from should pose no such bearing on this thread. You are not from a state, you are from a country. How do you expect US attorneys to know Canada laws?

I do not believe that the law would change for the definition of “Driving in a marked lane” from place to place. From country to country it does, even in the states every state is different with their laws.Would you be willing to be a decent human being, and give me a little bit of help?

I needed an IAAL fix, something to get my mind off Megan.

M

meganproser

You are too much in love with me to get me off your mind Paradise.

Poster, in case you DO stop back to read:

Just go to the hearing and tell it to the judge. There are places where cops are mandated to give a ticket at the scene of any accident. The theory is that there are no "accidents".

The cop DID see your tire didn't he?

Good luck tomorrow and be careful when "squeezing left" up there!

RobertQc

Thank you for the reply

He did see the blown tire, infact I had 2 blown tires (Both Fronts), one was caused from too much pressure pushing the tire sideways against the rim, imagine going sideways...

"There are places where cops are mandated to give a ticket at the scene of any accident."

But the ticket doesnt say somthing like "Went off the road" or ect. It is for exactly what it says, and I dont have to defend myself against anything EXCEPT for what the ticket says

He canno't change the charge AFTER it happend, can he?

And what actually happend, i forgot to mention was the cop said I could have gotten recklace driving but he said i was a nice kid, and gave me that, which was a mistake becuase "Failure to drive within a marked lane" canno't be proven on his side. I am sure he didnt think I would fight it in court.

"Good luck tomorrow and be careful when "squeezing left" up there!"

What do you mean?

Thanks,

Robert Chiussi

RobertQc

--PARIDISE-- said:
meganproser said:
You are hijacking threads Poser,and you are stalking me.

What do you mean and who are you talking about

Who is hijacking anything, and who is "Poser"

Unless your on a POP Television Show and your calling one of Avril Lavigne's fans a "Poser"... otherwise?

M

meganproser

He canno't change the charge AFTER it happend, can he?

No, he can't and he has no need to change it. You are going to go to court, tell the judge what happened, and unless you gave the cop a lot of grief at the scene, he will probably be supportive in his testimony.

and gave me that, which was a mistake becuase "Failure to drive within a marked lane" canno't be proven on his side. I am sure he didnt think I would fight it in court.

The cop is not your enemy. He was doing his job and as I said, sometimes they are REQUIRED to find a violation at the scene of an accident. If you are decent to them, they take little pleasure in giving you a ticket for something that obviously wasn't your fault. They do their job because they KNOW that if you go to court and tell your story, you will probably be ok.

"Good luck tomorrow and be careful when "squeezing left" up there!"

In the US, we don't have an signs that say, "squeeze left". So whenever I see that traffic sign up there, it cracks me up.

M

meganproser

Paradise has a little "issue" with me. I didn't mean to hijack her post but she CALLED me here so I came!

You will get an interesting picture of Paradise if you read through her posts. You will find that she is only civil to about one in twenty of the people who come here and even then, she doesn't usually have any information of value to give them. She's a very angry woman and has decided to direct that anger at me (which is good cause it's been keeping her off the backs of others for DAYS now, lol).

Anyway, the point is, she's not currently trying to give you a hard time, it's me she's yapping at.

Last edited:

RobertQc

Well all in all thanks for the help, I think I got a pretty good case here.

If you guys/gals wana argue/fight... you should spend that time reading a book or somthing

life is too short

anyways, thanks again for the info

its 4:50am, and i need my 20 minute nap before i get ready to leave for barrie, its taking me almost 4 hours each way... i need a car... lol

ill check here again a few times before i leave, mabye get some more info/help

:)

Shay-Pari'e

meganproser said:
Paradise has a little "issue" with me.

You will get an interesting picture of Paradise if you read through her posts. You will find that she is only civil to about one in twenty of the people who come here and even then, she doesn't usually have any information of value to give them. She's a very angry woman and has decided to direct that anger at me (which is good cause it's been keeping her off the backs of others for DAYS now, lol).

Anyway, the point is, she's not currently trying to give you a hard time, it's me she's yapping at.
Look, I can't babysit you all the time, I work, I have a family. Can't you take your blue pills without being reminded?

The world is round dear.

Stop stalking my posts poser, and just try hard to get a life .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">