• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please give me your info on this?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

El_Cubano7733

Florida, Jacksonville 1,27,05
Duval County

I'm gonna be honest. I got arrested for selling pills at school. This happened October 18, 2004. It was a mistake and I'll never do it again. The sheer amount of money I was making blinded me. Luckily I was 17 at the time. But now Im 18. I'm currently on probation. I was doing extremley good. I paid off my court fees as soon as possible. I Did 10 hours last saturday to get started on my 50 hours. This weekend Im suppose to do 20 more. But since the last month I've done nothing but go to school and go to work immediatley after. My dad is in lakeland florida completing some training to become a truck driver. My sister starts telling me that she's very lonely and feels that no one wants to be with her. Shes 13. Yesterday I skipped school with her to spend some time with her. She looked so happy to finally have some time with her big brother. Then someone tells my dad that we skipped school and now he's gonna call my probation officer. From the last time that my probation officer and i talked he said that if i violate my probation I would go away till im 23. One of the guidelines of my probation is that I can not have any unexcused absences. Do you think I was wrong to do what I did or is my father right? All this B.S. just to spend some time with my sister. Even If i go to jail, the happy look on her face that day was worth it.

Last edited:

With all the positive efforts you have made as condition to your probation, you would place all of this at risk for something as minor as skipping school?

You have to face your probation officer straight up. Quickly; and plead for a second chance. Realize that while on probation, your life is not your own.

Florid-aise said:
With all the positive efforts you have made as condition to your probation, you would place all of this at risk for something as minor as skipping school?

You have to face your probation officer straight up. Quickly; and plead for a second chance. Realize that while on probation, your life is not your own.
I agree with Florida - If you haven't already done so I think you should call your PO and explain to him what happened. In doing so you will not only reduce your chances of being revoked but you will earn his respect for having recognized and taken responsibility for your poor judgment. Personally, I don't see it rising to the level of revocation...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">