• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite my fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jasysue

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ohio
Last week a friend let my dog out unleashed, the dog bit a teenager. I was at work, I only know what happened from what my boyfriend told me. He is not so intelligent and told the cops it wasn't our dog. The kids have seen the dog on our property and I am sure that defense won't hold up. My question is should I try to approach the parents and offer to pay for medical bills or should I wait for the court summons which I know is coming? I have not heard for dog warden at all. I am also wondering if this goes to court, how much can I expect to pay out. The bite was on the leg not sure of extent but the girl was running thru neighborhood the next day. Any advice would be appreciated. P.S. I am a homeowner but DO NOT want to involve homeowners ins.

S

seniorjudge

If you have not already done so, get a rabies test for that dog. It may involve keeping him at the vet's office for a certain number of days.

Also, has the dog bit anyone before?

If no one is contacting you, then keep quiet and hope for the best.

I think its not wise for you to let it go to court because if it does you are liable for the dog's action since it belongs to you. I will explore peacful resolution. sometimes a stich in time saves nine. Start by visiting the boy's family express how deeply sorry you are for the dog's action. claim responsbility and ask if you could chip in to the medical bill. If you think of it the cost of the medical bill might be far less than the total cost of a law suit plus the damages you will pay.
Dr Nwaizuzu ( reviewphysician.com)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">