• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding east or west?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sirfrancis63

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New Jersey

Is there a way, other than the officer's memory (or notebook) for the court to determine in which direction on a particular road you were traveling?

S

seniorjudge

sirfrancis63 said:

Is there a way, other than the officer's memory (or notebook) for the court to determine in which direction on a particular road you were traveling?
GENERALLY, east-west roads are odd-numbered and north-south roads are even-numbered. Thus, from looking at the officer's report, you should be able to tell which direction you were travelling.

racer72

sirfrancis63 said:

Maps are usually helpful.

S

seniorjudge

CdwJava said:
Why is this important? It's likely irrelevant to the violation.

- Carl
Stand by.

There are probably more facts coming.

sirfrancis63

speeding east or west

this is important because there are work zones on opposite sides of the same road w/ a 10 mph difference in the speed limit.

S

seniorjudge

sirfrancis63 said:
this is important because there are work zones on opposite sides of the same road w/ a 10 mph difference in the speed limit.
Pay the ticket.

sirfrancis63

meaning....?

if only to get the fine reduced (it's currently $400) can one tell the judge "i was doing 55 in a 45 (east-bound) not a 35 (west)?"

HomeGuru

sirfrancis63 said:
if only to get the fine reduced (it's currently $400) can one tell the judge "i was doing 55 in a 45 (east-bound) not a 35 (west)?"
**A: and the judge can respond: "Do I look like I am wearing a red and white suit and come from the North pole? Or maybe a hillbilly redneck from down south? Pay the $400 bucks or I'll stick it to you where the sun don't shine"

S

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
**A: and the judge can respond: "Do I look like I ... a hillbilly redneck from down south? Pay the $400 bucks or I'll stick it to you where the sun don't shine"
HG, how did you know I was assigned to that case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">