• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Faud. Enlistment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grad

What is the name of your state? NJ
:( When my husband first joined the army reserves in 2003 he told meps he had a condition called anosmia (the inability to smell) and was told no problem as long as you can breathe we dont care and he continued on his business. Now they want to deploy him and he tells them again at the meds checkup for deployment and the doctors tell him he should never have been allowed in the army, per AR 40-501, as this could have major consequences (cant smell fire, gas, etc which can then injure himself AND others). After thinking about it, he is a mechanic and this is soo true. The Doctors mark him as undeployable but the head of deployment says he hasnt had a problem up till now so he shouldnt have one in the future.. We are told if we continue with this that he could be charged with fraudulent enlistment since noone ever documented the problem originally. Now knowing this information, my husband by no means wants to be deployed and possibly be responsible for injuring himself or others because he is missing an important sense. I contacted my congressman on Monday as my husbands commander, nor the chief of deployment will listen to my husband. I am told that they contacted people on Monday and that there would be a formal hearing. We haven't heard a thing yet. Should I be worried nothing will happen? He is due to leave base for 10 days of training saturday.. will they be able to find him? Should I contact a lawyer? Any advise? THank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">