• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hotpearls

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Yonkers, New York

I currently own a co-op under my name only and my fiance lives w/me. He was recently issued a Order of Protection again a neighbor, charged w/a misdeanor and on probation for 3 yrs. The Order of protection indicated he has to stay away from the neighbor, no contact via phone, email, etc. He's been doing that. I've been paying my maintenance charges monthly and all of a sudden, the Managing Agent decides to hold my checks every month and not post them to my account, therefore, showing a balance ea. month on my acct because my fiance is still living in the bldg. He was never asked to leave the bldg while the case was being tried and the OOP does not indicate that he has to vacate the bldg. Is this legal on the managing board side? Does my fiance have to vacate the BUILDING or just stay away from the neighbor?

Thanks!!

nanaII

You cannot be evicted..

If you own your condo, you cannot be "evicted". If you were a renter, that is a different story. I would ask WHY they are holding your checks. I would also talk over the situation with one or more of the Board members.

HomeGuru

hotpearls said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Yonkers, New York

I currently own a co-op under my name only and my fiance lives w/me. He was recently issued a Order of Protection again a neighbor, charged w/a misdeanor and on probation for 3 yrs. The Order of protection indicated he has to stay away from the neighbor, no contact via phone, email, etc. He's been doing that. I've been paying my maintenance charges monthly and all of a sudden, the Managing Agent decides to hold my checks every month and not post them to my account, therefore, showing a balance ea. month on my acct because my fiance is still living in the bldg. He was never asked to leave the bldg while the case was being tried and the OOP does not indicate that he has to vacate the bldg. Is this legal on the managing board side? Does my fiance have to vacate the BUILDING or just stay away from the neighbor?

Thanks!!
**A: what is the entire story? Did the management serve notice to your fiance?

HomeGuru

nanaII said:
If you own your condo, you cannot be "evicted". If you were a renter, that is a different story. I would ask WHY they are holding your checks. I would also talk over the situation with one or more of the Board members.

**A: correction, the subject property is a cooperative and not a condo unit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">