• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket for unregistered car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slyfly

What is the name of your state? CA

I have recently purchased a car from auction and has not been registered. There was no temporary registration on the front shield and no license plate. Do I still need to pay for a parking ticket?

CdwJava

slyfly said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I have recently purchased a car from auction and has not been registered. There was no temporary registration on the front shield and no license plate. Do I still need to pay for a parking ticket?
If it's not registered, it should not be on the roadway. Most auctions should provide one day trip tickets or some form of temporary registration to allow you to take the vehicle from the auction to someplace else. Or, you have to arrange for your own transportation via tow.

If you had taken and parked it on your private property, I doubt there would have been a problem. Unfortuanately for you, since you apparently left it out on the street, you have to pay the ticket.

- Carl

Last edited:

slyfly

Thanks for the advice.

Out of curiosity, how do parking enforcement identify cars without license or temp sticker, like mine?

CdwJava

slyfly said:
Thanks for the advice.

Out of curiosity, how do parking enforcement identify cars without license or temp sticker, like mine?
They are the ones without license plates or temporary registration stickers. :confused:

In CA these things are on the cars.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">