• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rehab Chances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stefs1130

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
I have 3 possesion charges in 3 months and one possesion for sales what are the chances of getting rehab?

CdwJava

stefs1130 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
I have 3 possesion charges in 3 months and one possesion for sales what are the chances of getting rehab?
Probably not good. It also depends on WHAT you were in possession of.

If they decide to roll them into one case, you can probably get Prop. 36 if you haven't already been there and done that. If they are dealt with seperately, you're probably looking at county time in addition to Prop. 36 treatment. And if the sales charge sticks - and is significant enough that they don't want to drop it to possession also, then you can kiss Prop. 36 goodbye and say hello to a county stay and a long probation and possibly prison time.

Unless you have other priors, I'd say prison is a very remote possibility. But you will need an attorney to negotiate this for you. I have seen cases like this go to treatment via Prop. 36, so staying out of jail IS possible. But, your county might be tougher than the ones I have been in.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">