• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Screwed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

talkalot

What is the name of your state? North carolina

Okay long story but i will make it short. I bought some jeans from a seller for $1700. They sent me ones which were worth much less and come to find out they are fake. I also find out they did this to 2 others. They will not give us the money back as they say they do not have it because they had to pay for the jeans. This person lives out of state. What can i do? Can i do anything about them being the wrong ones and fakes? The other 2 people spent as much as I did on this as well. They are willing to join forces with me. Let me know if we have any options. thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

talkalot said:
What is the name of your state? North carolina

Okay long story but i will make it short. I bought some jeans from a seller for $1700. They sent me ones which were worth much less and come to find out they are fake. I also find out they did this to 2 others. They will not give us the money back as they say they do not have it because they had to pay for the jeans. This person lives out of state. What can i do? Can i do anything about them being the wrong ones and fakes? The other 2 people spent as much as I did on this as well. They are willing to join forces with me. Let me know if we have any options. thank you.

My response:

Sure, you have an option. Sue the person in that person's State.

When you purchase something from across State lines, you're asking for trouble, and huge expenses to exercise your rights.

IAAL

talkalot

So there is nothing I can do here because they were fake. can I contact the fbi at all? also is this going to be civil or criminal? I really do not know how to deal with this. oh, also i paid using a bank to bank transfer..not sure if it matters, but thought i would share. thanks for the help.

teflon_jones

Hopefully it was more than one pair of jeans for $1700? :confused:

You need to file suit against the person in their state to get your money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">