• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem with priceline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejshap

What is the name of your state? new york

My 17 year old who is an authorized credit card user, clicked on a price request with priceline and the price was accepted and charged to my account for $851. He never wanted to arrange the hotel with priceline just see how low the price could go and he did not realize that when you check to see if your offer is accepted you have no choice but to take it. The credit card company agrees with Priceline that there is no such thing as a mistake. Do I have any recourse?

tijerin

I'd suggest use the hotel rooms or lose your $850. Your son is an authorized user of your credit card per your consent. Seeing as he has parental discretion to use the card, and I'm assuming, seeing as he's 17, that he can read, and that he went to Priceline and despite ALL the warnings they give you about we will be charging your credit card, he still continues with the process, I don't think you have any recourse. Are you sure your son isn't pulling a fast one to try and get the hotel rooms he was "price-checking" for himself and friends or something?

Not that it matters, Unless you can work out with the hotel to change the dates (which I doubt, most hotels are quite inflexible on priceline reservations), then you should use the hotel room(s) or lose your money.

Oh, and take away your son's credit card! Make him pay it off or something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">