• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H-1B Visa Stamp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rebeccalys

What is the name of: CA

Hi Lana,

I am under H-1B Status and have transferred from company A to Company B. I just received the transfer approval notice from INS with a new I-94 card attached. My question is, if I want to take a vacation outside U.S., do I need to obtain a new visa stamp to reflect my current employer in my home country? Or can I use the old visa stamp to re-enter U.S, but my old visa is showing company A information.

Thanks a lot.
your state?

ImmigAttyLana

As long as you still have a VALID h-1B visa in your passport, even if it was obtained through a prior employer, you can use it to reenter, provided you carry with you your new company's approval notice. I would also advise that you carry with you couple of recent paycheck stubs from the new employer and a company ID or badge if there is one, to prove that you are maintaining valid H-1B status with the new employer.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">