• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rehabilitative alimony plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlankaRou

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Florida

Married in 6,1992, husband filed for divorce in 12,2003. I stayed at home to raise 2 children, now 10 and 12. Supported him in his career, his income went from 40,000.00 to 250,000.00. My went from 30,000.00 to 0. I want to go back to school so I can support myself and rebuilt my career I left 10 years ago. My attorney needs from me a rehabilitative alimony plan. Is there a sample somewhere as how to write that plan and how to implement it?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I wouldn't worry so much about how to write it. Make an outline that covers:

• What your goal is
  • How you can accomplish that goal
  • What is required to reach that goal both in time and money (in broad terms)
  • A plan for accomplishing that goal, including time for schooling, training, internships, etc as well as the finances involved - don't forget to include any child care that might be required
  • How that goal will provide for your and your childrens' needs

How to write it in a legally acceptable form is your lawyer's job. But you need to provide him/her with the skeleton to work from. I would also consider including a year or two after starting back into the work force for while you get on your feet.

BlankaRou

BelizeBreeze said:
My question to your attorney is why are you not filing for permanent alimony?
I was told by my att. that I will not get it. However, now I have a problem, my soon ex was ordered to pay $15,000.00 to my att. He payed only 5,000.00. My att now has a judgemant against his house for 10,000.00. But I just recieved a letter from him, that for him to continue to represent me he needs payment of the outstanding fees (now $34,000.00) to date and security for further fees and cost. He took the case with knowing my spouse took all the money from account and i could only give him $2.500.00 (I did). So it looks like I will not have an attorney soon. What should I do? We have our second mediation meeting on Feb.2, 2005.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">