• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another jurisdiction question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agnis

What is the name of your state? Florida

Bit of history. Grandparents filed for visititation in NM, then during mediation dropped it on account of they knew I would fight them in court, & tell the truth on thier abusive behavior. Also my husband adopted my son, which I don't think they wanted to deal with him. We moved to Florida, and now I would like to know how long we need to be here for it to fall under FL law should they try again. Also is it possible for them to file again in NM with out us knowing?

Thank you

LdiJ

agnis said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Bit of history. Grandparents filed for visititation in NM, then during mediation dropped it on account of they knew I would fight them in court, & tell the truth on thier abusive behavior. Also my husband adopted my son, which I don't think they wanted to deal with him. We moved to Florida, and now I would like to know how long we need to be here for it to fall under FL law should they try again. Also is it possible for them to file again in NM with out us knowing?

Thank you
You will be legal residents of FL as soon as you have lived there 6 months. They cannot sue you for visitation at all in FL. No, they couldn't sue you again in NM without serving you...therefore you would know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">