• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribution of proceeds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonk

What is the name of your state? california

My Father died of mesothelioma, lawyers have us filing out distribution forms. The only family members are my brother, my self and my stepmother his second wife of 15+ years. My evil stepmother thinks we should each receive 12% of the proceeds.and she 76%..it was the lowest of the example distribution amounts that the attornys gave us on the form. It was my fathers wishes that this would be for all three of us after his death ( it started as personal injury and he named us and got us involved with this thing) he left everything to my stepmother in his will/trust? and intended this to make up for it. My nit wit brother after being yelled at by evil stepmother agreed to the 12% and signed 1st copy..I signed first copy and put 25%, I had originally figured 50% for her and 25 for each me and my brother. If it goes to a judge and we cant come to an agreement how is it determined? what should I do? Next copy has to notarized and in future do I have suit against attornies for giving low-ball example figures that led stepmother to arrive at such low amount ie 5%,10% 15% and why is she to decide?

S

seniorjudge

"...It was my fathers wishes that this would be for all three of us after his death..."

How do you know this?

Is it in writing?

How is his property distributed in the will?

Why shouldn't a wife get the most money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">