• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jaywalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pedestrian

What is the name of your state? IL

I received a jaywalking ticket in LA county. The officer said the ticket could be as high as $50. I received a bill for $110 a month later, but didn't pay it. Now, LA county wants $606 via a collection agency and claims they can suspend my driver's license, garnish wages, file a lien for CA, etc ...

Can LA County suspend my out of state license? How long would the suspension last? I don't think they have my driver's license number, just a college mailbox number. Could LA county still "find" me?

thanks

S

seniorjudge

pedestrian said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I received a jaywalking ticket in LA county. The officer said the ticket could be as high as $50. I received a bill for $110 a month later, but didn't pay it. Now, LA county wants $606 via a collection agency and claims they can suspend my driver's license, garnish wages, file a lien for CA, etc ...

Can LA County suspend my out of state license? How long would the suspension last? I don't think they have my driver's license number, just a college mailbox number. Could LA county still "find" me?

thanks
Yes, they will find you and yes, if California law permits the suspension of a California operator's license for doing this, then your license in your home state will be suspended.

Carl can probably give you particulars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">