• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plesase Advice urgent - H1b transfer sent BUT just continuing with old employer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

subash1977

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

I am with employer A on h1b since last 2 yrs (OPT->h1b)(who is Based in NJ). I am in NC on project)

I recently accepted the offer from employer B and B's laywer already filed for the H1B transfer through premium processing at texas center.

She said one the start date she mentions comes, I can not work for my present employer as she is requesting "Change of previously approved petition" in the I 129 form.

So does this mean I have NO choice but to go with the new offer?

If I have to continue my existing job, Will my employer have to "re-instate" my current H1b? Should I even tell him about this ? OR Just completely disregard and just keep working "as is" for my employer A irrespective of whether the approval came or was denied (there is no chance of denial) :confused:

Will this cause any problems in furture in any way.? Any thing to be concerned abt??

subash1977

Hi Lana,
could you please let me know on this? If I do not have the option and MUST go with the new offer because they have filed the transfer, then I have to give notice to my current employer very shortly.

apreciate if you could let me know at the earliest.thx

subash1977

Bump? Someone help me out here, I need to know for sure, if I have to go with the new job just becasue H1b trasfer has been applied?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">